Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Adventures of a Bare foot girl and Superman....

I have had lots of time for blogging, but little creativity.
Today the air is crisp and clear and smells of fall.
Pandora is crooning in the background and so here I am.

What a strange year this has been.
The best one yet.
There will be great years ahead, but this one, this year takes the cake, or rather the pie.: )
This November Derek and I will have been together a year! Traditionally people would date a year, then get engaged then get married. We shook things up a bit, and skipped that whole engagement bit, it seemed like a formality. :) Half of our one year has been spent married, and I have to tell you it's been awesome.

Let me tell you about my Derek:

He is tall, handsome, incredibly intelligent.
While he may seem reserved at first he is honestly one of the funnest people I've ever met, and the coolest thing about that is I am primarily the only one who sees it. I am not always certain of who I am, but whoever I happen to be, he gets all of it. No stage lights, no b.s., no funny girl trying to fit in.
Derek gets Michelle, the good , bad, the morning breath, strange dinosaur noises and he loves all of it.
Derek opened a door I did not know existed . He taught me that there is no box that I have to fit into, he helped me break free of the one I wore for so long. I am learning to respect myself, learning that I have worth, learning that "michelle" is not a joke, "michelle" is awesome.  That's not to say that he looks at me with blind eyes, he see's me in my humaness, but he comes alongside me, and we grow.

For too long, I belittled myself in front of others, and that made it seem ok for them to do it too. Thus I built the frame, and others handed me the boards and nails, and I became stuck in a box. A "funny" always flighty, dreamer, never finisher, oh that michelle, kind of a box. No more. The box was burned on easter Sunday and here I am. Loving every second of it. I answer to my husband and I answer to my sweet Lord.
That is as simple as it gets.

I love this life I've been given. I love the sweet man I've been blessed with and I love that God knew what I needed and he gave it to me last november!

Love, love, love,

Always dreaming,singing,pursuing-michelle

3 comments:

  1. I love this, Michelle! Yay, marriage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome Michelle :) I am glad I get to know you post high school!

    ReplyDelete