Thursday, October 13, 2011

porch swings and dreams and my Daddy's voice....

Once my Daddy told me what to do. I think.
It will sound crazy, but I have seen stranger things.
When I say daddy I don't mean my Dad, Dan that is. That's what I call God. Daddy.

It was a warm summer afternoon, and I had been given an hour lunch. My parents lived close by, so I decided to pop over  and take a snooze on the porch swing. It is the foggiest memory, but I know it happened. It wasn't until years later that I realized the significance. " I resonate in your voice". Five words. I can't remember the tone of the voice , though I wish I could. How precious a thing this was. To be woken by the voice of my savior.

I have carried these words with me, not always relishing in them like I should. What an amazing thing.

Today, on a day where I have listened to the beautiful anointed words of Kari Jobe, belted along with Christy Noeckels and Natalie Grant.  I feel saddened. Will that ever be me?  I don't know if I will ever be on a stage in front of thousands worshiping , or if it will just be in church or playing coffee shops. What I do know is this: I was reminded today of my love for singing. I was reminded of those words. Words that say to me, there is a reason. God will use me however he see's fit, and I trust in that wholeheartedly. I take comfort in the word's whispered to me , and I take comfort knowing my God/Daddy has a plan, the best plan for me.

In the mean time I'll keep singing while Derek tries to do homework and in church. I will be the girl who texts song lyrics to herself, the girl who calls her husbands voicemail to leave melodies. I'll be that girl. I like it.


Love, love, love,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment